ThumbPrints

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Where pain heals...


Piercings. I've always thought that piercings can be beautiful and sexy depending on the place and the person. How well someone carries a piercing can really depend on their attitude. Nothing to the extreme... just a subtle piercing here and there.

I've always admired some of the women I was in company with who had piercings... I've often wished that I had a piercing. But for me... that could never happen eventho it was on my things-to-do-before-i-get-too-old-and-it-would-seem-ridiculous-to-do list... the reason being, i was SCARED of NEEDLES!

Then the fateful day came...

I was going through a very emotional time in my life... It's been a painful couple of months... My spirit was breaking... I didn't want to do anything except for staying home and going to my classes... I was on the road to depression...

Finally, my bestfriend from DC(during my college days) decided to come down for a festival and to check on me... She couldnt stand hearing that I was moping around the house and refusing to go out and have fun...

My bestfriend T, told me that she has decided to get a tattoo. She said that before she leaves my town, she plans to make sure that it happens. She dragged me from one tattoo shop to another around town to find the right one, til we came to this shop with a lady tattooist. We both felt comfortable with her and decided that this was the right place for her to get her tattoo done. She decided to have a white lily tattoo. It would be perfect against her dark skin. She's African American. And so she was branded on her ass. :)

And then... she decided that I should get my piercing...

I nearly died! I was fighting tooth and nail.... NO! NO! NO! I am scared of NEEDLES! NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Next thing I knew....
There I was strapped to THE CHAIR... one hand holding on to T's hand so tightly that I nearly crushed her hand to a debris of human flesh and bones...

And then the Tattoo lady came forward with a SUPERDUPERMEGABIGDADDYOFABIGGIE NEEDLE ( i kid you not! it was HUGE!)

I nearly fainted when I saw it...

I closed my eyes... and prayed - " oh God! Please don't make me bleed to death! oh God! Please don't allow a freak accident to happen during the process! oh God! Please don't let my nose be torn into 2 pieces by this GIGANTIC needle! oh God! How did I succumb to this torture?... oh God!....etc

And then I felt the cold metal invading the cave of my nostril... Aiiieeeee!

Gritting my teeth as I felt the metal penetrate my nose... tears rolled down my eyes....

It was painful... just for a moment... the pain was so great...

and then she linked my nose stud to the edge of the metal thingy... and with a final TWIST- argh! excruciating... it was all OVER!

There was BLOOD involved! I bled.........................

But suddenly................. something happened...

I felt so light...

As if a big burden had been lifted of me...

The emotional pain I was carrying around... was gone...
As if an exchange had been done...
An eye for an eye... emotional pain for physical pain...

It was an amazing experience...

After talking to the Tattoo Lady... she told me that she has encountered a few people who had experienced the same thing as me...

Strange but true... this time one pain healed another...

I overcame one of my main FEARs too on that day... fear of the NEEDLE... and it felt GOOD!

T and I ... truly bonded that day... she with her tattoo and me with my nose piercing...
Thank you T for knowing what I needed... there was a method to your madness :)


(Disclaimer: I do not recommend this method to anyone else!)

12 Comments:

Blogger Idham said...

eheh...so u hv a pierced nose eh...how cool..!!
any other parts of ur anatomy pierced baby? errmmm...my fantasy is to get a BJ from a girl with a stud on her tongue....
ahh, i shouldn't corrupt your blog comment page eh...talking about pain..reminded me of a quote i hanged in front of my study table way back when i was a student
"No PAIN no Gain".

idham <---suckerr for pain...anyone into whipping?? *wink*

8:20 PM  
Blogger Nour said...

Hey Trippin,

Cool, you managed to overcome your fear eh! I bet it was an awesome experience. Well, me have not done any tattoo-ing except the normal ear piercing :) But I was there when my two galfrens were all geared up for the tongue piercing and tatto-ing! My fren did the sun thingy at the back of her shoulders, pretty sexy! As for me I was there just to give moral support..;D

8:54 PM  
Blogger TriPPin' said...

Id - i HAD pierced nose... had to take it out when i was travelling at one point and it closed up :( yes, i find piercing on the tongue sexy as well but i havent had the courage for that one and for fear of my tongue splitting as well (eek!), plus not everyone can carry it off well... they tend to speak really funny... -slap-tickle-spanky- *wink*

Nour - yeah tattoo is sexy but alas... i don't want to take the risk of sudden death with one on my body... :) temporary takpela hehehe the sissy way :P

10:29 PM  
Blogger Angel Eyes said...

i always like body art all my life.. err... yeah, i had one 3 years ago. The pain is bearable after the session.

But one is enough for me... piercing, i would like to try on my tongue.. but still scared!

11:25 PM  
Blogger TriPPin' said...

yah! i'm with you on that one angel :)

11:46 PM  
Blogger gravtkills said...

any future piercings on the way?

7:39 AM  
Blogger TriPPin' said...

hiya gravt kills...

Well ya know... i wud love to have another one ... can't decide yet where? :)

6:12 PM  
Blogger Crash Test Mom said...

i almost, almossst.. had my belly button pierced but chickened out at the 11th hour cos i saw how hugeass the needle was when a girl before me did it.

9:39 PM  
Blogger waffles said...

i want to pierce my nipples.

acah mak enon.

10:21 PM  
Blogger TriPPin' said...

shopper mom - haha! i know wat u r talking about!!! it was BIGGGGGGGG!!!

oooh pwincess ... hehe! i can introduce you to someone who has them *grin* and it's a guy too! *double grin*

11:22 PM  
Blogger waffles said...

and what are you waiting forrrr? chop chop!

2:43 AM  
Blogger Idham said...

emel me idham_blog@yahoo.com

:)

idham

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home